We are a non-profit making kindergarten managed by the Hong Kong Chinese Church of Christ. The “Notes for Admission Application” is designed to inform parents about our arrangement for admission, procedure and admission criteria. Should you have any further inquiries, feel free to contact our staff.
Download Application Form (入學申請表下載)
Nursery Class : Children born between January 2019 and December 2019
Lower Kindergarten class : Children born between January 2018 and December 2018
Upper Kindergarten class : Children born between January 2017 and December 2017
Application form are obtainable directly from our school or download from our school website. (Quick download link: application form for AY 2022-23)
Date: The forms are available throughout the year
Date: Starting from now
How to apply:
Attach a copy of birth certificate, Copy of medical records from Family Health Service and a recent photo of the applicant.
Enclose three stamped, self-addressed envelopes with your child’s name written on them and completed application form.
1. In person
2. By Mail: G/F, Hei Ming House, Yuk MIng Court, Tseung Kwan O, N.T.
3. By E-mail: [email protected]
4. By Fax (Fax No. 2623 2799)
Application fee: HK$40 (hand in cash or cheque payment “chede payable is The Hong Kong Chinese Church of Christ The Light Kindergarten」 by mail)
Date: November 2021
*All applicants will be interviewed. Further details will be provided before 31st October by mail.
Date: Before 17th December 2021
Parents will be informed about the interview result by mail.
Date: 6th January 2022 (Thu) – 8th January 2022 (Sat)
Documents: Registration fee (cash or cheque payment) for the registration certificate for kindergarten admission
(HK$970 for half-day classes and HK$1570 for whole day classes)
1. Any applicants who fail to register at our school within this period will be assumed to have given up the seat.
2. Should any applicants choose to give up the seat after paying for the registration, the fee will not be reimbursed.
Cantonese is the main teaching language of our kindergarten, thus the interview will be conducted in Cantonese. Applicants also can use Mandarin and English in the interview.
1. Interviews will be conducted individually while parents are allowed to accompany their children.
2. In the interview, teachers will ask questions regarding the following topics: self-introduction, basic shapes and colours, and common sense.
3. Teachers will play games with children, ask them to follow instructions and complete certain tasks.
4. Interview with Non-Chinese speaking children, the school can arrange interpretation and/or translation services for the applicant if needed, or parents can accompanied with their relatives and friends who understand Chinese to help and communicate with the interview.
(Provide Cantonese,Mandarin and English for interview)
If any questions, parents can contact our school at 2623 2911 or email to [email protected]
1. Children’s behaviours, including their manner, discipline and emotions, will be observed when teachers are playing with them.
2. Children’s ability to express themselves will be observed during the interview.
3. Children’s reactions and characters will be observed during the interview.
4. Children’s emotional expressions and reactions are most important.
5. For applicants of whole-day classes, priority consideration will be given to families with needs.
Office hour︰Mon to Fri (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and Sat (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Contact No.：2623 2911
Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 6th to 8th of January, 2022 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the original of the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission (RCKA)” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
Applicants on the waiting list:
If the successful applicant fails to register during the “Centralised Registration Dates”, the school may notify the applicants by phone to allocate the unfilled places to applicants on the waiting list. Then, parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original of the “ RCKA” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
Applicants refer to the K1 vacancy information released by the EDB on its website after the “Centralised Registration Dates” starting at the end of January 2022.
Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RCKA” during registration date ( 6th to 8th of January, 2022 ), the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the Registration Certificate to EDB within the specified period.
The registration fee for 2022/23 K1 place half day class is HK$970 and the whole day class is HK$1,570.
For those applicants who are admitted to a half day class, the registration fee will be refunded in September. For those applicants who are admitted to a whole day class, the registration fee amount will be deducted from the September tuition fee.
Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “RCKA” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “RCKA”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
School fee of half-day class : Free
School fee of whole-day class : $990 (per month)
Meal charge of whole-day class : $460 (per month)